Monday, February 22, 2010

A Beautiful Desk

I had such a great response over my craft storage I decided I must do another piece. Sure I SHOULD have waited until their are not 1 million other things going on around the house … but I didn’t… because I was in goodwill and found this piece:

image

How could I not get her? She’s so CURVY!!! She just needed a fresh coat of paint! Here she is all dressed up

image

Beautiful huh? She is painted with roller and brush in Ralph Lauren Roadster White. I decided to reuse the original hardware with this piece but sprayed it with a Rust-Oleum Hammered Spray paint in Dark Bronze.

Here are some of her details:

DSC09850 DSC09851

DSC09852

This shows some examples of choosing a TRULY good piece of furniture! This piece is solid wood with dove joints. A truly QUALITY piece of furniture we don’t see much of anymore!

So this piece took WAY longer than I thought it would and much longer than my china cabinet. i was ready to throw in the towel at a few different points. You see at first I used the rollable version of American Accents Heirloom White… I am pretty sure the paint was bad as even though I had Primed the piece the paint was easily scraping off. When I used the Ralph Lauren I had no problems… I won’t be using that paint again!!! I am glad it is FINALLY DONE! Now I can reclaim some space! :)

 

Oh and if you are local and interested in purchasing here you can check out the CL ad here:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/fuo/1611756921.html

 

You know I LOVE parties! I am linking this post to these!!!

image MakingThe Girl Creative
 
 

13 comments:

Caroline

Loving the curves! = ) Great job!

alissa

Beautiful. . .What a great piece of furniture! She looke lovely in white.

Patti

we all love curves!!

What a cute piece and you certainly got lucky to find it...looks great painted

Marilyn

You found a great piece of furniture.
If I had seen it first, it would be in my house! Your hard work shows. Thanks for sharing.

Condo Blues

The hammered bronze pulls make it.

FrouFrouBritches

GORGEOUS! Love it!

Natasha

Wow, what a transformation! That is a very beautiful piece now. Isn't it amazing what a difference a coat of white paint can make!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Meg

Very curvy! It looks fantastic.

Thelittlebrownhouse.us

That is an amazing desk!! I can't believe you got it at goodwill - what a find! Great job!

The Persimmon Perch

Very cute curves! Thanks for sharing with Made it Monday! Jules

Tiff @ Making The World Cuter

super duper cute!
-tiff

vu/34mp4

Learning makes life sweet...................................................

book

道歉是人類一定必要的禮節 ..................................................