Monday, July 26, 2010

A Bird Song

I have been working on the wall over my couch for a few months now. I think it’s finally ALMOST done :) There will be a few tweaks of course but it’s mostly there. If you have any suggestions let me know! I have been looking at this wall for so long I think I need a fresh pair of eyes haha.

For information on how I painted the wall and “frame” click here

So here is the over all look:

DSC00727

 

Someday I will gain better photography skills :) Of course I have a tiny house without much natural light which doesn’t help.

So here are some details

I LOVE this! I do I do I do. It’s actually a plant holder from Lowes. It was a black color and I painted it. Same with the bird cage which you have seen many times on my mantel :)

DSC00723

Remember my frame remake here? Well here it finally is with it’s adorable picture in it.

DSC00726

This hope sign I got at JoAnn’s – In spring

DSC00737

I have had these two prints for while. The mats were tan colored. I painted them white. I think it makes them pop more!

DSC00728

DSC00736 

This one came from The Dollar Tree! LOVE IT! Was too perfect for this wall!

DSC00729

My mom had this print so I incorporated it. I got the frame from my mother in law and painted same blue as I painted on the wall. The Mat is from Dollar Tree

 DSC00730

This is a little bird with hooks I had. It was gold. Painted it to match the bird cage holder! Nest was a gift from hubby. Just hung off one of the little hooks.

DSC00731

Another print my mom had – Plastic frame from Goodwill – was gold and I painted white

DSC00732

and yet another of my mom’s prints. She recently moved in with us so this was my way of incorporating some of her items into mine! Spray painted frame I can’t remember where I got but either from goodwill or my Mother In law!

DSC00733

Bought both of these little shelf boxes at Goodwill for $1.99 for the pair! :) And guess what? They were already that color no painting involved! WAHOO hehe

DSC00734

Perfect place to show off all my adorable little bird figures!

DSC00735

 

And last but not least the adorable picture I made  - Copying the one we all see “Keep Calm and Carry On”

DSC00724

What’s that? You love it and want one too? Well don’t you worry.

Here you go – Print and use to your hearts content. Please just link back and tell people where you got it if you post about it! :)

BIRDSONG

Sharing the blogging love at these Par-tays!

MONDAY




Sumo Sweet StuffThe DIY Show Off

 
MakingThe Girl CreativeKeeping It Simple
 
 
Photobucket
 
 

TUESDAY
 
imageAll Thingz Related
HouseofGrace
 
 
 
 
WEDNESDAY

imageimage 

 

 

 

 

image

FRIDAY

Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

SUNDAY

UndertheTableandDreaming giveaways

28 comments:

Unknown

I think it looks great!! :)

the cape on the corner

who would have thought such a cute plant holder like that would be at lowe's? love the colors you repainted with. great job!

Stevie @ Sincerely Stevie

I love it. Awesome job.

Patti @ Pandoras Box

Fresh eyes: Just perfect, nicely put together and great color scheme - Pat yourself on the back!!

Denise

I LUV IT!!! I am so downloading a copy of that. Thanks for sharing! I hopped over from It's so Very Cheri linky party:)

Simplegirl

That is so creative! Thanks for sharing. Coming from Girl Creative Just something I whipped up.

Unknown

LOve the PhRASe I so want that entire wall... ADORE IT ALL. I love the haning birdcage. SUPER FAB. hAVE A GREAT night, and thanks for linking up too. Jenn

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block

I love your framed up wall, Stefanie! It looks SO great! I especially love the outer frame of paint for everything -- great idea! :)

That Crazy Ajumma

Very cute!
I love the sing a song part!
I saved it and will print one out too.
Thanks for sharing!!

Infarrantly Creative

Oh my word I love it. I will be featuring it in my next LOVES links post. Adorable!!!

Ginger

Great collection of peeps! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

Heidi

Great job on that wall! I love all the birdies.
It would be great if you dropped by for a visit sometime, or linked to Wednesday Gratitude.
XO
Heidi - Heart and Home

Jami

Such a lovely collection of birds...you arranged it beautifully!
smiles!

www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!}

THANK YOU for the bird song .jpg!
I am going to print it out and put it in my guest room--will let you know when I do and link back to you :)
It's darling!
(I have the Keep Calm and Carry On poster in my theater room).
Your wall grouping is beautiful!
So inspiring!
Hugs,
~Leslie

Ginger

You've been featured! Please check it out at the link below:

http://superstinkyboys.blogspot.com/2010/07/mad-skills-monday-link-party-19.html

Thank you for linking up to Mad Skills Monday and hope to see you next week!

Jen@Notes From the Heartland

Very pretty wall!! What a happy room to walk into! :-)

Tiffany

Looks great & I love the Keep Calm & Sing a Song! :)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com

Your wall is just darling! I love it!! Thanks for linking it up!

XOXO
Jen

jaki

I love your birdie wall...my mind is ticking over where I can do something like this in my house!!!

Astrid in Bristling Acres

Your wall is absolutely darling! I *heart* all your little birds!

Thank you so much for the jpg! I'm going to print it out and use it! :)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions

Great idea! I love the way you painted the wall out and the different things you've added here ~ from the framed prints to the framed saying the boxes and nest, it definitely holds visual interest! How neat that you and your Mom have similar decor tastes as far as the bird theme.

Unknown

I can't tell you how much I love this.Love love love just like you.My husband is an avid bird photographer and would love to have something like this in our house too.Don't worry I won't copy but sure gives me inspiration.

Unknown

I am featuring you on my blog.Not too famous a blog so hope you don't mind.Will link up to you.

I {heart} Nap Time

oh wow that looks soo good! I'd love for you to link it at sundae scoop http://iheartnaptime.blogspot.com/

Unknown

Sorry I am late getting to see your project...thanks for joining us last week for Anything Related! ~Bridgette

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming

Hi Stefanie, I love your collage. The collection of birds is adorable, as well as your painted frame. Thanks for including the printable. It looks fabulous - Fantastic job. I have featured this today - stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Thanks so much for joining The Sunday Showcase Party. I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Heather

That is awesome! You are a domestic diva!

Its So Very Cheri

Hey I am one of the gals from the www.DIYClubinc.com We have a BRAND new sponsor --Olive Rue and she is offering A FREE try before you buy inage and it has a BIRD and I think you would LOVE it with your collage. Th images is there for people to use and enter our competition. the competition is up until this Thursday night at MIDNIGHT. I would LOVE to have you enter the competition using the image. The gift package is $500 this month and will be divided between 2 gals.

To grab the free image go to www.oliverue.blogspot.com and in the navigation bar click on Try Before You Buy--BE SURE TO LET OLIVE RUE KNOW You ARE Coming Over because of the DIY Club inc/Its So Very Cheri and you will get another FREE Image

She has another Awesome DEAL--if you purchase 5 images from her ETSY SHOP (very reasonable) AND LET HER KNOW you are coming because of the DIY Club inc you will get ANOTHER FREE IMAGE.

Cheri