Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Holly over at Homebody hosts Thrift Store Thursdays. This is my first week participating but it is definitely right up my ally! So here is what I found this week.
On Tuesday I went to the Goodwill right down the road from my house. I had not been feeling well for a couple days and really felt getting out of the house would do me some good. Was glad I did!
1. A beautiful blue pot - $1.99
2. 5 - white un-used taper candles - $1.99 (I had been looking for some!! - I will show you why in a later post)
3. A bag of styrofoam eggs - $0.99 (used this for the button project below)
4. 2 - cream colored bowls - $0.99 each
5. A cream dish of some sorts - $0.59 (I used this to put our change in!)
Very successful day indeed :) You can see all the colors I use in my home in this picture I think :)
On Wednesday I was feeling better. I went with my cousin to run errands. Went by my favorite goodwill of all. No wonderful finds. I literally was pulling everything like the diaper bag and purses out of the cart thinking I must have gotten something else.. but there was nothing. Only two things on this trip - Only one pictured.
1. Magnetic "spice" holder - $3.99 (I think I will use this in my office for those little office things)
2. An elmo drum for my cousins daughter - $1.99 (Not pictured because it went right home with her :)
3. My cousin also bought a record (Actually two inside) - $0.99 (I am going to try to make into a frame for her...anyone know how to cut out the center???)
Hope everyone had a successful week of saving money at the thrift stores!