Friday, November 20, 2009

Bathroom Update – 3/5’s there

Ok I am letting you peek before it is complete… since I am trying to keep it real! So here is the list of steps for decorating:

  1. Paint
  2. Bones – Added architecture etc
  3. Fabrics
  4. Art & Accessories
  5. Touch ups & Finishing Touches

So you can see there are a couple more steps to complete so don’t judge yet! I am showing you before completion and it’s making me nervous! hehe

Ok Here it is:

I still need to:

  1. Paint the trim we added above the toilet
  2. Paint all the trim around doors white. It is a hideous orangey “wood”
  3. Paint frame added around mirror (I am trying to decide if I should leave the vanity the color it is and do the frame the same or change the vanity to a color closer to black like in the inspiration bath
  4. Touch ups
  5. Accessorize – Including pictures above Toilet and vanity

You can see it is basically a reverse of my inspiration background in layout.

DSC08931

I ended up finding these on clearance at bed bath & beyond and thought they would work perfectly in this space and be less expensive then matted prints like in the inspiration room. They were only $6.25 a piece!

This picture is the most accurate portrayal of the paint colors

DSC08930

The shower curtain is a terry cloth fabric. It was the display at BB&B and was 1/2 off!

All of the blue and striped towels are from burlington coat factory!

When I post final pics I will post cost breakdown and all

DSC08932

Wish me luck in finishing up this weekend!

1 comments:

Anonymous

Love the colors-- don;t you just heart Burlington? That place is such a sleeper.... Thanks for sharing. I def need some inspiration for my own master bath- its so ugly right now!