Monday, November 9, 2009

Super Simple Fall Lampshade


image


Ok I know 3 posts in one day… WOW… but I had to link up for the FINAL fall Festival at DIY Show Off!

If you saw my earlier post I told you I was looking for motivation. I got motivated enough to do one of the projects I talked about. The lampshade didn’t look fallish… but it inspired me!

So here is what I did:

Sparkly leaf garland

DSC08757

Drapery Clips (I had these tiny ones from Ikea that I didn’t get to use for what I bought them for)

DSC08759

I cut off individual leaves and punched holes in them. Then strung them through the loop on the clips. Then Clipped them onto the lampshade!

Here it is:

DSC08760

Here’s the other lampshade

DSC08763

I used sparkly leaves so that they shimmer in the light. Here is a close up of one leaf

DSC08762

15 comments:

Its So Very Cheri

Very Cute. I love those little clips.

Cheri

Tara@JustDevineStyle

I just found your site. Love it. Your back ground and header are beautiful. I have been looking at all your projects and thrifty finds I will be back!

Jennifer C. Valerie

Nice. Visiting via SITS. Enjoy your day!

BJ_Mama

super cute idea!

love lives in the kitchen

your blog is very cute and i love the lamp!
stopping by from sits to say hallo!
have a sweet day!
justyna

Yvonne @ StoneGable

Very creative. You could change your lamp for many holidays! Love the clips, too.
Yvonne

Julie

Cute idea...the leaves are always falling at your house! They look pretty with the light shinning through them. Thanks for showing off your creation over at Made it Mondays! Jules

Designs by Jessie

very clever! will have to bookmark that for future. im now thinking poinsetta!

Miss Dot

Way to use the ol' noggin! Great idea :)

**dropping by from SITS***

♥Miss Dot

Phyllis @Around the House

You are very creative I can tell, love the way you used the leaves on the lamp...I will be back as I am now a new follower of yours, come for a visit

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming

So Adorable - How creative!!!

Karen The Graphics Fairy

I have some of those clips too, they're so handy. This is a very inventive idea, so great for Fall, but I love that you could easily change it out too!

Kim -today's creative blog

Now that's original. Great idea.

Leanne

That's cute. I have those same clips and never would have thought of that. Thanks for sharing. Stop by if you'd like, I'm having a giveaway.

Unknown

Great ideal, thanks for sharing.
Sandy