Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Window Mistreatment Project

I have a small window in my kitchen over my sink. I have done many window treatments on it. The one that was there was driving me crazy. It was not meshing well with everything else in my house. Want to see?

DSC08895

Ugly and BORING! It was definitely time for an update!

Here is the window now!

DSC08898

I LOVE IT!!! It pulls everything together!

Want to know how I did it?

I started with a piece of burlap. Cut it to the size I wanted

Then I sewed on some muslin ruffle I had gotten at the goodwill!

Then I hot glued on some black ball fringe

Then I used some of the left over muslin ruffle to make “hooks” I just cut out strips and they already had a hole! :)

Then just hot glued those on and hung!

So do you love it as much as I do???

DSC08897


This post brought to you by the following blog parties!!

9 comments:

Jane

I absolutely love your window valence. You did a great job and I like the idea of using the hot glue gun!!
Jane

Danielle @ Transforming Home

What a cute project! Looks great!

Danielle

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas

Cute - nice simple, yet sophisticated look!

MsTypo

Hi, stopping by from SITS!

Your window treatment looks great. Did you make that yourself? Wow!

Leah

That is so pretty, I love the ball fringe!
Thanks for playing along with Toot Your Horn Tuesday. Hope you'll come back and show us more!

Suzanne

Very cute. Love the idea of the hot glue gun and using several different kinds of fabric!
- Suzanne
justanotherhangup.blogspot.com

Unknown

stopping by from sits...darling window valence...I am in the middle of window treatment hysteria right now. I'm not so handy with the sewing machine but have big plans...it just might be my undoing!

Pamela M. Kramer - A Renaissance Woman

Nice work! You're right it does pop now. Great tackle this week.

cindy

Very awesome indeed! Love the ruffle :)